Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Reflections

There's nothing more painful to a parent than losing the love of his life: his child.






It always crush my heart seeing parents grieving over the loss of their child, holding the fragile body ever so carefully, never wanting to let go. It is the parents' love for their child that is most powerful and unconditional. No one can say what a parent wouldn't do for his child, even at death. I can't help but weep watching this father carry his dead child's body, looking for help to get proper burial. Same thing with what happened a few months back during the Yolanda typhoon, when a father carried his child's lifeless body, not knowing where to go. No parent should have to bury his child. I guess that's one of my fears: losing the love of my life. That's why I cherish every day, every moment I have with my child. Life is fleeting. Fate is treacherous.

Video courtesy of InterAksyon/AksyonTV.

No comments: