Thursday, August 15, 2013

Deeper Into My Family Tree

Since finding my Dad's birth record, I was more curious to find more about my ancestors. I guess I was lucky to find this marriage record here:




Probably the reason why I couldn't find a record on my grandfather Luis Banaag is that he was recorded as Luis Banog. But portions of this marriage record match those of my dad's birth register.

  • Married to Felipa Cadano, my grandmother, my dad's mother.
  • Luis was 38 and Felipa was 18 when they were married in 1929 (20 years gap). My dad's birth register listed Luis was 54 and Felipa was 34 (also 20 years gap) in 1948. 
    • A bit of discrepancy though: if Luis was 38 and Felipa was 18 in 1929, then they would have been 57 and 37, respectively, in 1948.

I also now have the probable names of their parents (I say probable because I can't really tell if this is 100% accurate.)  At least I have some deeper lead on my family tree.

My dad's family tree now has:

  • Paternal grandfather: Gregorio Banaag (not Banog)
  • Paternal grandmother: Levirma Magsono (probably Magsino, more common in Batangas)
  • Maternal grandfather: Eugenis (probably Eugenio) Cadano
  • Maternal grandmother: Pedra De Los Agueles (update: Petra de los Angeles)


The search continues...

No comments: